Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
This is an analysis of the potential impact of a project on the environment and people and a proposal for the management of potential impact. Studies cover physical aspects – natural, biological, socioeconomic and cultural rights. The development of an EIA includes the following:
● Baseline Study to determine the environmental situation and the level of contamination of the area in which the activities take place.
● Detailed description of the proposed project.
● Identification and technical evaluation of foreseeable direct and indirect environmental impacts to the physical, biological, economic and cultural partner in the project area environment.
● Environmental Management Plan (PMA), which includes the necessary actions to avoid, minimize and / or offset the negative effects of the project and to enhance the positive effects thereof.
● And a Closure Plan or abandonment of the area.
This post is also available in: Spanish