Social Impact Studies (EIS)
The Social Impact Studies are management tools that integrate environmental impact studies. They aim to analyze the effects on people, their relationships, their economy and culture. They provide the measures that need to be taken to enhance the positive impact and minimize or eliminate the negative impact.
The Social Impact Studies are similar documents than EIA. This consisted in three chapters of the EIA:
● Chapter 1. Description of the Environment (sub chapter 4: Socio Economic, Environmental referral).
● Chapter 3. Environmental Impact Predictability (sub chapter on the Socio Economic Environment).
● Chapter 5. Control and Mitigation of Impact of the Project.
The EIS, have three general components:
1. Baseline Socio Economic (or description of the initial status)
2. Forecasting and Assessment of Impact and
3. Mitigation and Monitoring
This post is also available in: Spanish